So - I am at the beginning of a journey which is going to make me into a successful photographer – or at least my promise to you my reader is that I am going to do everything I can think of to try.


Sunday 20 March 2011

The Starting Point


“A rock can be an obstacle or a stepping stone – it just depends how you treat it”

Number of times I've picked up a camera in last week - 1
Number of clients in last week - 0


Hi

I have a business that has been running for 3 years. I have about 10 - 15 clients/year and earn about £2-4,000 which is always eaten up in costs. Can I make it successful?

My achievements:
Training: City and Guilds and HNC in photography
Two Gold Awards for Baby and Child Photography SWPP.

My downfalls:
Marketing
Organisation (spend too long achieving too little)
Not practising enough
Not inspiring myself to develop and try new things
Not having vision
Not all of my shoots are high enough quality

On the left I have a list of things I think I need to do, which I'll add to as I have new ideas. I'm going to write down all my ideas and try them all so that in the end, I'll know I've tried everything.

Current Priorities

1. Sort out studio (I currently have an empty bedroom)
2. Decide what type of photographer I want to be
3. Pick up a camera!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really interesting start. It'll be really interesting to watch as things develop.

    ReplyDelete